The Willamette Valley is a special place in the Northwest, not only for it’s incredibly beautiful landscape, but for all of the amazing Oregon wine tasting opportunities. This part of Oregon is home to two thirds of the state’s wineries and is known as the premiere Pinot Noir producing region. At Bailey Family Wines, our Oregon wine tasting experience is immersive and informative, and includes an incredible line up of biodynamic wines.
Biodynamic wines might not be a common term for your everyday wine drinker. Once you find out why this method is important and the caliber of wines that it produces, you may never go back. On an Oregon wine tasting experience at Bailey Family Wine, you’ll get a full, first hand view of what this means for the wine making process and farming in general. You’ll even get to taste the difference for yourself.
An added perk to our Bailey Family Winery is our amazing Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast on our property. The Inn is a beautiful place for a getaway, and when paired with our Oregon wine tasting, your wine country vacation will be set. Overnight guests not only receive discounts towards our Bailey Family wine tasting options, but they have complimentary access to our sister label, Youngberg Hill wines.
That’s one detail that’s bound to make your stay in Oregon wine country all the more special. Book your tasting and stay at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast today!
An Oregon Wine Tasting Experience You Don’t Want to Miss
At Bailey Family Wines, Wayne Bailey takes his in-depth training in viticulture to the next level. Farming has always been a part of his life, Wayne grew up on a farm in Iowa, and reconnected to those roots when he was given the opportunity to consult with winemakers in France. After two years in the French countryside learning about organic methods and holistic wine making, he brought his knowledge back to Oregon.
Here are 8 reasons you’ll want visit Bailey Family Wines for an Oregon wine tasting experience:
- One of the aspects of our Bailey Family Oregon wine tasting that sets us apart from the hundreds of other Willamette Valley wineries is the absolutely breathtaking view from our winery and Inn. The rolling landscape naturally created the perfect location for our hilltop Bed and Breakfast, offering guests an elevated panoramic view of the Valley and the Eola-Amity mountain range.
- While you sip and nibble on cheeses and snacks, a wine ambassador will walk you through the tasting, as well as filling you in on the relevant history of our winery, Wayne’s vision for this special reserve label, and interesting aspects of the wine making process on our little slice of the Willamette Valley.
- On your seated tasting with us, you’ll taste through a line up of our newly released vintages of Bailey Family Wines. The exclusive varieties include Pinot Noir (of course), Chardonnay, Grenache, and our sparkling wine blend of Pinot and Chard.
- The vineyards for Bailey Family Wines consists of 23 acres, with 18 of those acres dedicated to Pinot Noir. The other five acres are split between Chardonnay and Pinot Gris. On our special Winemaker Tour and Tasting, you’ll see these vineyard blocks up close and have an exclusive tasting under the gazebo just above the Jordon Block.
- The oldest of the Pinot Noir vines were planted in 1989 on the southeast facing slopes in two distinct blocks. The Natasha block (named for our eldest daughter) has marine sediment soils mixed with basalt rock and sits at 600 feet altitude. While the Jordon Block (our middle child) has an altitude of 800 feet and more volcanic rock soils.
- On an Oregon wine tasting with us, you’ll learn more about how soils and altitude effect growing, harvest, and the final product.
- You’ll also get a first hand view of how biodynamic and organic farming works at the vineyard. We use a method called “dry farming” which means no irrigation. This allows the vines to become more in-tune with the natural surroundings and resources, creating a complexity within the fruit.
- For a truly immersive visit, plan on staying at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast surrounded by the vineyards. Imagine waking up to this spectacular view, enjoying a gourmet multi-coursed breakfast before a leisurely day touring the winery and tasting some amazing all natural wines.
Book a Suite at Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast
After your in-depth Oregon wine tasting at Bailey Family Wines, many guests choose to head over to the tasting room at Youngberg Hill (our sister winery) just up the hill near our Inn. Better yet, if you’re an overnight guest of our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast, your tasting line up of Youngberg Hill wines will be complementary. During the summer months, we often have live music, trivia, or other events at the winery.
Our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast is located about 10 minutes from downtown McMinnville and only minutes away from many of our favorite neighboring wineries. We always encourage our guests to taste with us, but to also discover the diversity of amazing winemakers of the region nearby. The Willamette Valley produces complex and nuanced varieties of wine and there are so many Oregon wine tasting experiences to explore. Book your room today!