During the late fall and winter months, nothing warms the body and the soul like a good glass of wine. Which makes winter a great time to visit the Willamette Valley wineries of Western Oregon, and tour some of the best wineries nestled in its foothills and farmlands.
Even though such visiting may be curtailed during current COVID-19 restrictions throughout the state of Oregon, in the spirit of optimism and the belief that there are few things that a good bottle of wine can’t make better in the world, we’ve got suggestions for the best Willamette Valley wineries to check out.
Our first suggestion to to start and end each day of Willamette Valley wineries touring adventure is our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast. Not only does it allow you to make our own winemaking operation the most convenient place on your daily itinerary, but it offers unmatched luxury comfort and amenities to meet your every want and need, along with unmatched top-of-the-hill views of the valley and vineyards below.
So make your plans for a winter wine getaway to Willamette Valley wineries right away, and reserve your room at our McMinnville Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Willamette Valley Wineries We Suggest for the Holidays
Please check the website of each of these Willamette Valley wineries, or call ahead, before visiting a tasting room to verify that’s it’s open. Here are our favorite Willamette Valley wineries.
- Dominio IV. This winery is noted for its poetic temperament toward grape-growing and its robust red varietals: Tempranillo, Syrah, and Pinot Noir, along with its Viognier. Visit Dominio IV’s farmhouse tasting room by appointment only.
- Trisaetum. Part of the Frey Family Wines group, this winery offers a well-regarded variety, including a 2017 Estates Reserve Pinot Noir that received a 93 score from Wine Enthusiast and a Ribbon Ridge Estate Chardonnay that got a 92 score from International Wine Report.
- Brick House Vineyard. Practitioners of organic farming and Biodynamic agriculture, the resulting wines are especially distinctive Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs.
- ROCO Winery. This operation has produced hundreds of 90-plus scores from leading industry critics, repeated placement in Wine Spectator’s Top 100 Wines of the World, and multiple bottlings served in the White House. Some of its best Pinot Noirs, Chardonnays and sparkling wines are offered among its holiday specials.
- Granville Wine Co. This specialist in “holistic, minimalistic winemaking” offers wines of “purpose, place and soul.” Check out its current lineup of high-end Pinot Noirs.
- The Eyrie Vineyards. One the older winemaking operations in the Dundee Hills region, this family winery offers holiday specials on its Pinot Noirs, and red and white varietals.
- Brittan Vienyards. This winery specializes in distinctive Pinot Noirs, several of which have earned scores as high as 95 from Wine Advocate, Wine Enthusiast and Wine Spectator. Take a look at its several holiday collections for sale.
- Elk Cove Vineyards. A family operation for nearly a half-century, this winery has a strong philanthropic bent. Elk Cove offers a number of single bottles and gift packages, and free shipping to West Coast customers during the holiday season.
- Bergström Wines. This family-founded-and-owned winery uses organic farming practices in the making of its top-end Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Its holiday specials include a number of single bottles and special packages.
- Brooks Wine. This winery, in its 20th year, has been honoring the legacy of its founder, Jimi Brooks, who died at a young age, through testimonials from some of his fellow Willamette Valley winemakers (including some names you’ll recognize on this list). Brooks offers a robust series of holiday specials.
Start at Bailey Family Wines on Your Winter Wine Tour
Like many of our neighboring Willamette Valley wineries, we are a high-end family operation committed to sustainable operation and organic farming using Biodynamic practices. Check out our current lineup of Grenache, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and sparking wine — they’re truly about the best that Willamette Valley wineries have to offer.
And we offer tastings by appointment only, so make yours today — and reserve your room at our Willamette Valley Bed and Breakfast while you’re at it! You’ll love everything from our luxuriously appointed guest suites to our delicious two-course breakfasts to our breathtaking backyard scenery.
Also, this holiday season is the perfect time to take advantage of our romance package and other special offers!